America contains a vast diversity of people, and religion is a facilitator of understanding among them. Real solutions for the problems addressing our nation will come only from people who represent and appreciate this diversity. The Interfaith Alliance is your strong and inclusive voice.
The Interfaith Alliance:
- Challenges the manipulation of religion for sectarian or partisan political purposes.
- Educates legislators and their staff to better understand and appreciate the religious liberty clause of the Constitution.
- Promotes a partnership between religion and government that preserves the autonomy of houses of worship and ensures that religious institutions are not held accountable to the priorities and interests of federal, state, or local governments.
- Informs lawmakers that in matters of faith, government must not take sides.
- Advocates that no citizen’s rights or opportunities should depend on their religious beliefs or practices.